Release Okocha is here!
The biggest update for this release – and it’s a pretty big one – is that the Twenty3 Toolbox is now available in Japanese!
There have also been several exciting new additions to the Match Centre – read on to find out exactly what they are.
Japanese becomes the eighth language that the Toolbox is available in and, as ever, we have translated every single tool. That means our newest features, such as the Match Centre, and our ever-popular OGs, like Smart Graphics and Power Reports, are now all in Japanese, along with seven other languages.
Translating the Toolbox into an entirely different language, especially one with its own unique alphabet, demands plenty of collaboration across the company, so well done to everyone involved.
We’re delighted with the end result and hope our first Toolbox-in-Japanese customers will be happy too.
As we touched on, our ever-growing list of Toolbox languages has now reached eight, and, spoiler alert, the odds are that we won’t stop there – here’s the full list:
- Brazilian Portuguese
Along with the integration of Japanese, there have also been a range of smaller feature additions and bug fixes.
Our new dedicated hub for all of your live blogging and game analysis needs – which we released in Michu – has enjoyed the below tweaks and improvements:
- We’ve added a new Quick Stat Search button on the Match Stats tab that will allow users to look up a stat without needing to go through the process of adding it to their stat group. This modal will also provide contextual and benchmarking information relating to that stat, for example, league average, match maximum so far and team or player averages.
- You can now generate Lineup graphics from the Match Stats Tab Export Graphic button.
- An interactive visualisations tab and viz-based graphic exporting are now available for all Wyscout users.
- We have added a quick filter option for Unsuccessful Passes on Pass Maps.
- We’ve updated the default filters for Pass Maps to show Successful Passes rather than Key Passes to make it clearer to users which filters are already applied.
- We fixed an issue where Gameweeks would not load on the fixture navigation page for some users when their session duration was over an hour (we love that commitment to the Toolbox).
- We also fixed an issue on Formation viz where players with multiple of the same event (e.g. scoring two goals) would cause the value to extend outside its container.
- We fixed an issue for Wyscout users where second yellows weren’t displaying as red cards.
Along with all of the above, here are some other ‘miscellaneous’ improvements:
- We’ve added the following metrics to the Twenty3 Advanced Metrics Feed:
- High turnovers: The number of times a team won possession in open play within 40 metres of the opposition goal.
- 10+ pass sequences: The number of open play sequences that contain 10 or more passes.
- Build up attacks: The number of open play sequences that contain 10 or more passes and either ends in a shot or has at least one touch in the box.
- Direct attacks: The number of open play sequences that start from just inside your own half and have at least 50% movement towards the opposition’s goal and ends in a shot or a touch in the opposition penalty box.
- We’ve fixed an issue in the Football Lab where exporting the data would fail if users had access to stats for one competition but not for another. Exports will now work correctly and competitions that do not have the correct access cells will appear blank.
- We have also fixed an issue in the Football Lab where Minutes Played and Matches Played would not appear in the column order where expected. They will now appear as the first two ‘stat’ columns in exports after the set of info columns (e.g. Player/Team Name).
- We have made various other bug fixes and performance improvements.
If you would like to know more about any of the features or fixes listed above or would like to hear about what we have planned for the future then please feel free to get in touch.